SB CAN ACTION ALERT
October 8, 2013
- SB CAN North County H.O.T. Committee meeting, Thursday, October 10 in Santa Maria
- Edible Landscaping Demonstration Garden Work Day, October 20 in Santa Maria
- Open Streets, Saturday, November 2 in Santa Barbara
1. SB CAN North County H.O.T. Committee meeting, Thursday, October 10 at 6 p.m. in the conference room at Rabobank in Santa Maria on the corner of Battles and Broadway.
Our Housing, Open space & Transportation meeting for North County is open to all, and all who come are welcome to comment about issues of concern to them.
We expect to talk briefly about:
1. Appeal of the County Planning Commission's approval of the Santa Maria Energy oil drilling project
2. Proposal for senior housing in Area 9 (west of A Street between Betteravia Road and the railroad close to Stowell Road)
3. Lompoc General Plan: final consideration by Planning Commission on October 9 including expansion areas across the river and out to Bailey Avenue
4. Mosby Recreational Fields near Lompoc
5. Anything of interest to those in attendance
2. Edible Landscaping Demonstration Garden Work Day, October 20 from 10 a.m. to noon at Santa Maria Community Garden, 910 S. Oakwood Drive, Santa Maria.
SB CAN is partnering with the Central Coast Green Team to create an edible landscaping demonstration garden in Santa Maria. We'll be adding more hardscape to the garden on October 20 from 10 a.m. to noon. Please join us. We could also use donations of cash and garden materials. Please visit www.centralcoastgreenteam.org for more information.
3. Open Streets, Saturday, November 2 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
C.O.A.S.T. and Traffic Solutions will open more than 2.5 miles of Cabrillo Boulevard and part of the Funk Zone and invite people of all ages, abilities and backgrounds into the streets (with no motorized vehicles), for a day of people-powered movement to promote better health, flexibility and FUN! Go to www.sbopenstreets.org for more information.
Please contact me if you have any questions or comments.
Thank you.Ken Hough
SB CAN Executive Director