It's time to submit your nominations for the 2022 North County "Looking Forward" Awards.
Submit nominations via this Google Form
Awards will be presented at our annual fundraiser in June to individuals, organizations, or businesses in the North County who have made significant contributions to the community.
Please take the time to nominate those in your community that deserve recognition. Feel free to submit multiple nominations. Please submit nominations by Monday, January 31.
Criteria for Awards
- Open to individuals, local businesses, and community organizations located or working in northern or central Santa Barbara County. This includes all unincorporated and incorporated areas north of the Santa Ynez Mountains (Santa Ynez, Solvang, Buellton, Lompoc, Los Alamos, Guadalupe, Orcutt, Santa Maria, Sisquoc, Garey and Cuyama).
- Must have demonstrated commitment to social equity, diversity, social and economic justice, or environmental protection.
1. Environmental Award - For conserving or enhancing natural resources, or for promoting environmental justice.
2. Giving Back Award - For giving back selflessly to the community through volunteer activities and community projects.
3. Social Justice Award - For promoting fairness, tolerance, equality, respect, and compassion for all people in our community.
4. Working Families Award - For helping working families in any number of ways, such as with health care, housing, education, workers rights, and recreational and cultural services.
5. "Looking Forward" Award - For strong leadership and vision in community building, civic engagement, and improving the quality of life in our community.
6. Youth Activist Award - For youth who demonstrate exceptional leadership, civic engagement, social justice, or environmental protection in our community.
Submit nominations via this Google Form. If you are having trouble with the form, nominations can be emailed to [email protected]