We hope you’ll come to our North County Roundtable to hear about an exciting new project SBCAN is likely to get involved in – the Santa Maria River Healthy Watershed Initiative.
Steph Wald from Creek Lands Conservation has asked SBCAN to become involved with the project. She will tell us what CLC has been doing and their desire to add new partners and get funding through a CalEPA Environmental Justice grant. She will ask us what we are most interested in doing. Come with your ideas for participating.
Learn more about Creek Lands Conservation here: https://creeklands.org
Learn more about the CalEPA Environmental Justice grant here: https://calepa.ca.gov/envjustice/funding/
SBCAN North County Roundtable
Thursday, July 8, 2021
5 PM - 6:30 PM (NOTE NEW START TIME!)
Via Zoom - Registration Required
- Call to Order by North County Co-President Janet Blevins. Introductions; Agenda Review (5 min.)
- Santa Maria River Healthy Watershed Initiative. Steph Wald, Creek Lands Conservation
- The Neighborhoods at Hidden Canyon and Willow Creek. The Planning Commission voted to continue this item yet again to Wednesday, August 11.
- Lompoc City Council proposing changes to the General Plan.
- Bailey Ave Annexation. There will be a Study Session on the Bailey Avenue Annexation issue at the next LAFCO meeting on Thursday, August 12.
- Upcoming release of Final EIR and County Planning Commission hearings on ExxonMobil trucking proposal.
- Brief updates from participants. Please let us know if there are items you want to bring up. (2 to 5 min. each)
- Our next meetings are to be determined and will be via Zoom.
To register in advance for this meeting, email us at [email protected].