Santa Barbara County Action Network will hold its 2021 North County “Looking Forward” Awards Celebration & Fundraiser online on Sunday, June 27 from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m.
Please mark your calendar and watch for more information we'll be putting out soon!
We recognize individuals or organizations that work to protect our environment and the rights of our county’s residents. These awards help encourage this good work to continue and to raise the funds we need to keep doing our part.
This year’s award recipients are:
- Yasmin Dawson, “Looking Forward” Award
- Lorraine and Wally Waldau, Giving Back Award
- Larry Bishop, Environmental Protection & Sustainability Award
- Zulema Aleman, Working Families Award
- Pam Gates and Cliff Solomon, Social Justice Award
- Juliana Neel, Youth Activist Award
- Art Hibbits, Lifetime Achievement
Because of the extenuating circumstances of the past year, we are giving special recognitions this year to:
- Melissa Smith and Dr. Van Do-Reynoso for their county public health work during the pandemic
- The Racial Justice Committee of the Santa Barbara County Public Defender’s Office and the Santa Maria Joint Union High School District, both for advancing racial justice
- UFCW Local 770 for their essential work during the pandemic
- Jane Baxter for volunteer work with SBCAN and other organizations